miércoles, noviembre 24, 2004

EL MANIFIESTO THE LA POCHA

I’m thinking in English, but first I have to think in Spanish and then translate into English so that I can think in English and then speak and write in English. But it’s just not working. I’m writing in English and sounding like I'm speaking in Spanish. But when I speak, with an accent, I speak like if I’m thinking in English. And wherever and whenever I speak, and write, I don’t sound like I’m supposed to.

Is it a coincidence that I’m linguistically oppressed because I’m bilingual?

I don’t think so! I speak a new language, a language that has our own rules of grammar. We don’t need your rules, especially the weird ass English grammar rules. We are doing fine with out you. Especially when in our reality, we are not really allowed to be part of your educational system. The majority of us that make it, have to struggle at least twice as much as you mono-culturists. We are the rejected ones. So call me pocha. I don’t mind.


1 comentario:

mariana dijo...

Yeah...the pochos or pochas are the rebels that are reinventing the combination of el espanol and ingles...hay de diferentes tipos de pochos, o no? ... pues yo digo que...SI. :)